Capitol Hill Group was founded on trust and integrity as its central tenet. With years of service in state government and extensive client-side experience, we offer a unique perspective and consistent results for our clients.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL GROUP
Capitol Hill Group of Connecticut assists businesses, non-profit organizations, and professional associations understand and navigate the halls of government. We work with Connecticut’s Legislative and Executive Branches, as well as municipalities throughout the state. Our objective is to protect our clients’ interests and proactively aid them in achieving their goals. Our targeted lobbying and advocacy services are customized to provide personalized results and maximum impact for our clients. With deep experience serving diverse industries and strong government relationships built over time, we help our clients successfully navigate the complexities of municipal and state government and agencies.
ABOUT DAVID J. CAPPIELLO
David J. Cappiello
David J. Cappiello is founder and President of Capitol Hill Group. Prior to founding the firm, David held long-term positions in both the Connecticut House of Representatives and State Senate. David applies his extensive governmental experience at the state level, as well as deep non-profit and business experience, to each client engagement. He is a seasoned professional who commands a unique understanding of governmental processes and the diverse industries he serves.
- Served five terms as Connecticut State Senator form the 24th District, representing the City of Danbury and the towns of Bethel, New Fairfield and Sherman
- Senate Deputy Minority Leader
- Ranking Member of the Legislature’s Appropriations Committee and General Law Committee
- Served two terms in the CT House of Representatives from Danbury’s 138th District
- Political and Legislative Commentator on CT-N. view videos
- Campaign Manager for US Senate Candidate, Linda McMahon, 2010
- Senior Budget and Policy Advisor to the Connecticut Senate Republican Caucus
- Delegate to Republican National Conventions, 2004 and 2008
- Vice President of Development and Community Relations, Ability Beyond
- Board Member, Foundations in Education, Bridgeport Diocese
- Member, Men Against Domestic and Sexual Violence Group, Women’s Center of Greater Danbury
- Chair, School Advisory Board, Immaculate High School
- Former Judicial Selection Commission Member
- Former Board of Trustees Member, Ability Beyond
- Former Education Chair, United Way
HONORS & AWARDS
- Honored by March of Dimes for longtime dedication to newborn health
- AARP Outstanding Service Award
- Honored by American Red Cross of Western Connecticut for outstanding support efforts for post 9/11 Disaster Relief Services
- Honored by YMCA of Western Connecticut for his support in their mission of “Building strong kids, families and communities”
- Awarded by American Heart Association for his commitment and dedication to a healthier Connecticut
- American Lung Association Breath of Life Award
- Honored by the CT Association of Non-profits and CT Community Providers for his steadfast commitment and service to the non-profit sector of Connecticut
- Guardians of Small Business Award, National Federation of Independent Businesses
➤ GET IN TOUCH
Let’s discuss how Capitol Hill Group can assist your organization.